Monday, May 28, 2012

saw you at the show last night

make it bigger
make it bigger


Front and back of cut-paper collage postcard mailed to Mick Boyle for his Mail Art Postcard Exhibition.

Car is a 1955 Oldsmobile 88. Photo of orangutan by Frans Lanting. Contortionist is from an engraving based on a painting by Pieter Brueghel. The squiggles are from a micrograph of some kind of cells, but I lost the legend—I'm guessing neurons in the hippocampus of a rat. I don't know what grammar book "Weaknesses to Avoid in Writing Sentences" came from, but the paper was so old and/or cheap, it fell to pieces when I glued it. 

If this collage seems wary, uncertain, poised in an odd position, it's because that's how I've been feeling lately. One kinda cool thing in my life just took place, but another thing that would be really cool, if it happens, is up in the air right now.

So...hey! by the way, I think it's amusing that's a '55 Olds, because that's the year I was born. Man the '50s seem like ancient history to me. Can you believe that for Halloween in 1959 I went as a beatnik? =laugh= But the car's not bad to look at. I noticed when I was cutting it out that it has little breasts underneath the headlights: they're parking lights or turn signals or something, but they look exactly like little glass breasts.

Flipside info: Background is part of a 1945 Texas highway map. Artistamps are by theanswerisseven (bug), myself (Pisceana), Wacky Stuff (man w/ noisemakers), C. T. Chew (bird), and Penelope Harris (Labyrinth). "Respect Apostrophes" stamp was made with a rubber stamp by Voz. I don't know who made the triangular one, but it was from Anna Banana's International Art Post. Clippings are from the Artful Home catalog (cardinal and cowboy-on-fish-on-wheels) and Discover magazine (elephant in orange "raincoat").

1 comment:

  1. Amazing!I know a site with good samples to these tracks,i left link here - www.lucidsamples.com

    ReplyDelete